Texas Instruments' DRV8801-Q1 provides a versatile power driver solution with a full H-bridge driver. The device can drive a brushed DC motor or one winding of a stepper motor, as well as other devices like solenoids. A simple PHASE/ENABLE interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits. The output stages use N-channel power MOSFETs configured as ½-H-bridges. The DRV8801-Q1 is capable of peak output currents up to ±2.8A and operating voltages up to 38V.
An internal charge pump generates needed gate drive voltages. A low-power sleep mode is provided which shuts down internal circuitry to achieve very low quiescent current draw. This sleep mode can be set using a dedicated nSLEEP pin.
Internal protection functions are provided: undervoltage lockout, overcurrent protection, short-tosupply protection, short-to-ground protection, overtemperature warning, and overtemperature shutdown.
Overcurrent (including short-to-ground and short-to-supply) and overtemperature fault conditions are indicated via an nFAULT pin. The DRV8801-Q1 is packaged in a 16-pin QFN package with exposed thermal pad, providing enhanced thermal dissipation.
• Qualified for Automotive Applications
• AEC-Q100 Qualified With The Following Results:
– Device Temperature Grade 1: TA = –40ºC to
– Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
– Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4
• Low RDS(on) Outputs (0.83Ω HS + LS Typical)
• Low-Power Sleep Mode
• 100% PWM Supported
• 8–38V Operating Supply Voltage Range
• Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
• Configurable Overcurrent Limit
• Protection Features
– VBB Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
– Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
– Short-to-supply Protection
– Short-to-ground Protection
– Overtemperature Warning (OTW)
– Overtemperature Shutdown (OTS)
– Overcurrent and Overtemperature Fault
Conditions Indicated on Pins (nFAULT)
Discover more here.