d on a big variety of packages, an excellent heat radiation and high brightness parts, ROHM’s new line-up ideally complies with these particular needs. In addition, the new SMLTx , SMLMs and SMLZ families are able to emit OEM colours such as blue lagoon, ice blue, sapphire blue and blue green, including InGaN-based pure green. Different package types and sizes provide designers with a wide range of devices in order to facilitate the optimum solution for their LED design.
Key specifications of the SMLx, SML-Dx and SML-Mx series
* High heat dissipation packages
* Different packages: PLCC2, Chip LED 0603, reflector 0603&0805, lens type
* Package heights: from 0.55mm to 1.9mm
* OEM colours available, InGaN-based pure green colour
* Forward current IFmax. 20~60mA
* white, standard colors blue to red, pastel
* Luminous intensity (mcd) IV * 16 to 4800
* Operating temperature range: -40° to +100°
* Peak forward current IFP from 100 to 300mA
* Reverse voltage VR 5~12V
* Forward voltage VF(V) 2.0~3.5@20mA
With the development of its new BD8377 LED driver series, ROHM is able to provide a complete design solution for indicator lights in automotive cluster applications. This new IC is a 12 channel 50mA/ch LED driver in a small SSOP-B20 package. It supports cascade connections in order to increase the number of channels and the number of LEDs which can be driven and controlled. Also the devices features a 35V DMOS Open Drain output MOSFET for multiple driving and efficient power saving as well as low EMC noise with an output slew rate of 20V/usec.
The BD8377 is the first product of a new family of Automotive Indicator LED drivers. ROHM is already developing the next generation versions of this driver which will expand the feature set by adding advanced diagnostic and dimming functions.
Key Features of BD8377 LED Drivers:
* 12bit serial-in/parallel-out interface
* 35V DMOS Open Drain output
* Max. current 50mA/ch (DC)
* Max. current 150mA/ch (pulse)
* Ron of power MOSFET 6Ω (typ)
* Cascade connection possible
* Output slew rate 20V/usec (for low EMC noise)
* SSOP-B20 small package
The LED SMLx, SML-Dx and SML-Mx families:
Samples and volume production are available
LED Driver BD8377 (12ch):
Samples are available; volume production will start in Q2/2012
The new line-up is an ideal addition to ROHM’s line-up of standard, top-view, side-view and reverse-mount type LEDs and LED drivers for all kinds of lighting applications, providing maximum design and soldering flexibility.